Monday, June 20, 2011

Quotes

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. – George Eliot
Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit. – Khalil Gibran
Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. – Khalil Gibran
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. –Maurice Maeterlinck
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
I’ve learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them. – Anonymous
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there’s less of you. – Margaret Atwood
Parting is such sweet sorrow. – William Shakespeare
Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop. –Anonymous
If I hadn’t met you, I wouldn’t like you.
If I didn’t like you, I wouldn’t love you.
If I didn’t love you, I wouldn’t miss you.
But I did, I do, and I will. – Anonymous
You know you love someone when you know you want them to be happy, even if their happiness means that you are not a part of it. – Anonymous
Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart. – Washington Irving
The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost. – Gilbert K. Chesterton
It is never good dwelling on good-byes … it is not the being together that it prolongs, it is the parting. – Elizabeth Bibesco
It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company. – George Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment